Wednesday 6 May 2009

Wife in the North (Judith O`Reilly at the Laing Art Gallery



The reading was enjoyed by all, very amusing and heart wrenching at the same time, and delivered in such a way that it appealed to all. I`m positive that she should write poetry too as in parts, her work is very lyrical and moving, each description paints a picture. She is currently working on a second book.

I had intended spending ten minutes recording, as ne1 fm radio station (which for the next two weeks is stationed at Cruddas Park Community Centre) but in fact completed half an hour, was very nervous, but pleased I did it and would definitely have another go. I read an excerpt from the local history book, Benwell Remembered, which is in the process of publication, spoke about local history month at Benwell library throughout May, Quayside Stories on Wednesday 6th May at the Bridge Hotel for poetry, music, comedy and performance, the Jazz Club event hosted by Pinklane Poetry on 7th, Sheree Mack`s event at the Lit and Phil next Tuesday 12th and the Ten by Ten performance evening at the Cumberland Arms on 14th. I mentioned the project that I am involved in with Barbara Cage at Cruddas Park Community Centre recording memories of the women in the Tuesday ladies group. I also had the opportunity to read four poems and answer questions.

Why are major clothing companies considering charging more to women with bigger breasts. It shouldn`t be an issue to me as I fall into the category of fried eggs, but it seems so unjust. Why do they charge the same price for a style of t shirt, skirt, dress etc, but for titty keepers... a size B is cheaper than a ff.It`s FFing Outrageous.

No comments: